Monday, January 16, 2017

Still not doing what I said I would

I heard or read somewhere once that to blog  you should write something every day to get in the habit of it.  I "told" myself at the beginning of the year that I was going to do that and I'm sure not keeping that going, am I? 

So, let's see.  We've had YUCK weather.  Had the snow the Friday before last and I did something terribly stupid that night, which I'll get to in a minute.  Then all last week there were forecasts and reports of a big ice storm coming Friday and Saturday.  People were in total panic mode, of course.  Clearing the grocery store shelves, I'm talking you couldn't even get in the parking lots.  Complete craziness.  Luckily I work for my city and our emergency management director keeps us up to date on what is going on and it's often better than what the media says.  He told us Thursday that he felt we'd get a little ice on Friday but not bad in our area and then by Saturday the temps would go up and it would just be rain and that is exactly what happened.  Good deal because I didn't stock up on bread and milk like the rest of the city. 

So, now back to the stupid thing I did.  That day we did get snow, a few inches.  When I left work that day I knew I didn't want to cook so I ran and got a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A.  Came home, no big deal.  Saturday I had no reason to leave so was home all day. Sunday afternoon rolls around and I need to run an errand or two.  Get ready, get my purse and NO WALLET!  Oh geez.  First thought it had fallen out of my purse in my desk drawer at work, but then I remembered going to get the sandwich and since I went through the drive thru I figured I'd left it out in my car.  It was a long walk to the car because I just knew my window would be smashed and the wallet gone.  Thankfully that hadn't happened and there sat my wallet on the passenger seat just has I must have left it.  I was surely being looked after from above. 

Since most of my family are big Game of Thrones fans I've decided to start watching.  Of course I have a lot of catching up to do.  There are those in my family that think I won't like it, that it's not my type of thing, but I watched 2 episodes last night and found them pretty interesting.  My oldest is thrilled that I'm watching. 

Day off work tomorrow but not for fun.  Having some major dental work done.  YUCK This is going to set me back some MAJOR bucks.  But, it needs to be done and I keep putting it off and just doing a little at a time.  Still will have more to do, my mouth is a mess but this will put some of it behind me.

Have done a little sewing and have all my rows together and now need to sew them into a top.  Worked on the first 2 last night but not loving how they look and my eyes are giving me trouble so having a friend look at it tomorrow night, if I'm up to going to her house after the dental visit. 

Eye doctor is next week. 

Now the big question...will I post anything tomorrow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment