Monday, January 23, 2017

I am free from cable tv

Tried to post about this yesterday but my laptop, which has a mind of it's own, lost some of the post (I mean surely I didn't accidentally delete it) and I got frustrated and just walked away....

Anyhow, I did it finally on Saturday.  Marched into the local cable store and turned in my box, told them to take me back to internet only.  They didn't even beg me to reconsider.  hmmm  I must say the girl that helped me was awesome because I've had some email troubles, etc and tried to fix things, which were beyond her realm of capabilities so it will take a call to customer support, but she did make an effort. 

Had a slightly unsettling even happen while I was over there.  Now, I admit I can easily get frustrated with other drivers, but would never act like this guy/jerk did.  I was calmly sitting and waiting, which was pretty obvious, for another car to back out so I could park in the space.  Another car was also backing out and I almost thought they didn't seem me and was going to hit me but they did fine.  Meanwhile there is another car behind me and then this truck comes along and I'm not sure what his problem was but he starting blasting his horn and yelling.  Really?  Was that necessary?  People were walking along the sidewalk just smiling and looking at me and I'm thinking, what the hell did I do, but sit and wait to park?   This one nice young man came along and stood in front of my car as I parked.  When I got out of the car I asked him if I had done anything wrong.  He said, "no ma'am, that guy definitely had some kind of issues."  Sure made me feel better.  I was a little shaken and a little worried I'd come out and find my tires slashed, but all was good. 

In other news, my niece became a teenager today.  She's a sweetheart but I wonder if that will remain now that she's entered those dreaded teen years.   Just kidding, I can't imagine her not being sweet. 

Today was just work, work, and more work.  I did bake a couple of apple pies last night and took them to my coworkers today.  They said they were awesome.  Pat on the back here.  It's a recipe I learned to make just a few years back....ok, I long time ago in 9th grade home economics class.  I thought I'd lost the recipe bur discovered my mom still had a copy at her house so life is good again. 

Now, let's hit publish before I screw this up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment