Sunday, January 8, 2017

Changes

When my middle son was a toddler he didn't handle change well.  I couldn't move anything around in the house or it would just throw him in a tizzy.  In his preschool the other class would have to come into his room to do joint things because he would just lose it.  (I fussed at them for catering to him).  WELL.....I've now become my 2 year old son.  I don't handle change well.  Whenever something changes at work I become a grump until I get used to it.  We are starting a new thing where 3 of us that do the same thing will rotate desks every 6 months.  This was supposed to take place at the start of the new year, but the new gal that was trained left so now we have another new girl.  So....early last week we were told we'd move around February 1.  OH Good, a month to wrap my head around it all.  And then WHAM the next day they decide we are going to go ahead and change.  UGH  Yep, I was a grumpy butt.  The hardest will be getting through a rotation at each desk because we will have to get our sign on for that computer all set up, once we've been through a full rotation things will go more smoothly, until we get a new computer. 

Friday we had what I call a 4 letter word that starts with "S".  SNOW.  Bring me summer.  At least it was the fluffy stuff and so the roads weren't too awful.  This week we'll have a warming trend and even get close to 70 degrees and then the cold will come back and they are talking ice storm.  If I have to have winter weather I'd prefer snow. 

Trying to get my sewing/quilting mojo back.  I put together 3 rows of a quilt today. I had already made 1.  The quilt consists of 8 rows, thus 4 more and then borders to go. 

Yesterday and this morning were not good.  Had a horrible headache.  It was centered at my forehead and then would hurt around nose and right cheek, so I'm thinking sinus although I never have feel stuff or congested.  Could also be these weather changes, cold, warm, cold, warm.  Back and forth.  Slept most of the afternoon yesterday because the pain was making me feel sick to my stomach and the light was making it worse.  It finally eased up today after a hot shower and some extra coffee. 

Coffee makes the world right.  I love that stuff.  I'm addicted!


No comments:

Post a Comment