Sunday, June 3, 2012

OH WOW!  The bad blogger that I am, never saying a word then when I decide to come in and say something things are changed.  Maybe this time I'll really take time to sit and figure all this stuff out!

Had a wonderful day today hanging out with quilting friends.  Going from shop to shop in our area.  Stopping for lunch.  Doing lots of yacking and tons of laughing.  I sure hope we can do as we're talking about and get together at least once a month to hang out and do whatever.  I'm the only one with a regular daily job so it's hardest for me, but we're thinking we can work out at least a Saturday a month.  They've been trying to get some quilts done for another dear quilting friend who is on Hospice care.  I'm working one an embroidery block for a quilt she started.  Some of our running around today was getting stuff for her quilts.  I picked up a couple of prizes for a quilt retreat I'm going to very soon.

It's coming up (Monday) on the one year anniversary of yet another dear quilting friend's passing.  I miss her so much still.  I tend to talk to her when I'm quilting.

On the Mom Journey, second son graduated high school a few weeks ago and is a certified welder and already has his first job!  They're working him hard, too.  Oldest son is starting a new job Monday.  It's working for retail company in their warehouse, but will be able to partake of store discounts.  Mama is going to like this one!  Youngest son, will be a sophomore next year!  They are three awesome young men, but sometimes I miss their littleness.  Oldest also has a sweet girlfriend who's titled me "Mama Kai Kai" so I think that might be my signature for a while....

All for now

Mama Kai Kai

No comments:

Post a Comment